Amazon Alexa Website Ranking to RetireRadwa Yaseen
Did you know that Amazon’s Alexa ranking system, which is used to measure website traffic and quality, is being phased out? Yes, after 25 years of service, it is retiring. For those who are unaware, this is not your virtual pal Alexa. It is, instead, the gold standard for ranking websites across categories and geographies.
why is Alexa website ranking retiring?
- Alexa.com, Amazon’s global website ranking system and analysis tool, is about to be decommissioned.
- Amazon is retiring Alexa because it believes the cost of keeping the site operational is not worth the expense at this time.
- Alexa was founded in 1996 and was purchased by Amazon in 1999.
- Amazon recently announced that Alexa.com will be decommissioned on May 1st, 2022.
- Alexa is well-known for its Alexa Rank. The Alexa.com team announced on December 8th, 2021, that the company would no longer be accepting new subscriptions.
- All paid Alexa users have the option to export their data and delete their account if they so desire.
- Alexa.com was used to monitor competitor and website performance.
- On over 30 million websites, the website provides global rankings, web traffic data, and other important information.
The Alexa.com team stated on their blog that retiring Alexa would be difficult. The team also stated that Alexa internet was founded 25 years ago. After two decades of assisting people in finding, converting, and reaching digital audiences, they made the difficult decision to retire Alexa.
The team also expressed gratitude to everyone who has made them their go-to resource for content research, keyword research, competitive analysis, and much more.
So now you know that our beloved voice assistant Alexa isn’t leaving. Alexa.com is set to retire in May 2022.